Technical annexes and supplementary documents: 'Advice on NZ ETS unit limits and price control settings for 2023-2027'
On this page you will find technical annexes and supplementary documents related to our report, Advice on NZ ETS unit limits and price control settings for 2023-2027 (July 2022). The full report and more information about this advice is available on our website.
Technical annex 1: Unit limit settings
- Technical annex 1: Unit limit settings [PDF - 757 KB]
- Supporting spreadsheet for technical annex 1 [.xlsx - 585 KB]
Technical Annex 2: ENZ modelling
- Technical annex 2: ENZ modelling [PDF - 936 KB]
- Supporting spreadsheet: Price controls modelling analysis [.xlsx - 1.46 MB]
Technical Annex 3: Electricity market modelling and retail price estimates
- Technical Annex 3: Electricity market modelling and retail price estimates [PDF - 667 KB]
- Supporting spreadsheet for Technical Annex 3 [.xlsx - 310 KB]
Modelling on the distributional impacts of emissions pricing – a Treasury report
This document provides information on analysis undertaken by the Treasury for the Climate Change Commission on the distributional impacts of emissions pricing.
- Cover note providing context for Treasury's modelling [PDF - 125 KB]
- TAR 318: Household expenditure impacts of ETS carbon prices [.ZIP - 3.32 MB]
NZ ETS price control mechanisms - a review of issues
This document discusses the settings of the cost containment reserve and auction reserve price mechanisms, taking account of new information since their introduction, including significant changes in prices of New Zealand Units (NZUs) and recent events in which the CCR has been triggered.