Our advice on whether and how financial assistance should be provided to farmers participating in an emissions pricing scheme.
'Advice on Agricultural Assistance'
In May 2022, we provided Ministers with our advice on what financial assistance (if any) should be provided to farmers participating in a farm-level emissions pricing scheme, and how assistance fits in with the proposals set out by He Waka Eke Noa in their February 2022 consultation document.
The full report and related documents are available below:
- Full report: Advice on Agricultural Assistance: How financial assistance could support Aotearoa New Zealand's agricultural emissions pricing system (May 2022)
- Technical annexes:
- Supplementary documents
Terms of reference
The request for this advice was made under Section 5K of the Climate Change Response Act. The terms of reference for this work are published below (as required under the Act), along with our correspondence with Ministers.
- Letter from Ministers requesting advice from the Commission under 5k and draft Terms of Reference (TOR) (441 KB)
- Our response letter and suggested amendments to the TOR (595 KB)
- Letter from Ministers providing final TOR for the request (397 KB)
- Terms of Reference (PDF 291 KB)
- Our letter to Ministers about the He Waka Eke Noa extension (290 KB)
- Ministers' response to our request (174 KB)